Thursday, June 02, 2005

Tell Me More about Employee Surveys

I had an interesting conversation today. Through LinkedIn, I was contacted by Mira Coone regarding my employee survey experience at Sun. That is, how was it working with a 3rd party vendor.
Mira Coone's business card
I pointed her to a vendor, Valtera so she could get an idea of what Opinions Inc. is up against in the survey vendor universe. I also suggested she check out the Mayflower Group website to get some leads. I met some of the Mayflower folks when they had a meeting at Sun Microsystems while I was there. It was an enlightening experience. There were representatives from Dow Chemical Company (I still use the keychain I got for my USB drive), Corning Incorporated, Ford Motor Corporation, Boeing Company, among others at the several day meeting. The consortium coordinate a subset of employee survey questions for easy comparison across different industries.

The dinner at Zibibbo the last night of the conference was memorable. The group had a fishbowl room to ourselves. We started with appetizers and they kept bringing food until we were fit to bust.

Zibibbo Front

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From: "Mira Coone"
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 10:02:28 -0500

Thanks for the links, Debra. I will follow up on the Mayflower Group members. It looks like an interesting source of leads.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Mira