Friday, June 24, 2005

Kudos from the Trivia Geek

I'm happy to share my kudos from the Tech Republic Trivia Geek. I know he was probably trying to drum up business for the site's own blog system, but I'll take it. I've reading the Geek Trivia column for several years now.
From:     "jay.garmon [AT] techrepublic.com"
To: "ME"
Subject: Message from a TechRepublic Member
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:30:23 -0500

One of your fellow TechRepublic members has sent you a private message:

From: The Trivia Geek
Subject: Hello Debra
Message:
I appreciated the insightful comment on my blog last week, and noticed your
signature included a blogspot address. I liked what I read; it was a
nice
mix of technical and personal, and very engaging.
[my emphasis]


<obligatory salespitch&gt
So why aren't you reblogging on TR? Just take your blogger RSS feed, import
it into your TR blog, and suddenly your blog is in two places at once. We get
the benefit of your content, and you get our not insignificant boost to your
Google page rankings. Win win all around.

-- Jay

The Trivia Geek, also known as Jay Garmon, is a former advertising copywriter and Web developer who's duped Tech Republic into underwriting his affinity for movies, sci-fi, comic books, technology, and all things geekish or subcultural.

Jay Garmon, the Trivia Geek

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debra, I wasn't JUST trying to add another blog to the TechRepublic fold. I only solicit reblogging from those I really, really like. Yours was only the second invite I've sent.

I also notice that you've started a TR blog, but aren't importing from Devans Cosmos. What's up with that? How can we boost your Google ranking if you don't reblog. Let us help!

--Jay Garmon
AKA The Trivia Geek

PS--I love it when I'm quoted.

Devans00 said...

Thanks Jay.

I LOVE it when people post to my blog.

; }

Debra